Accounting and Taxation Careers in Mississauga– Apply online now
Senior Staff Accountant - Job Opportunity!
S+C Partners LLP provides first-class professional services, including accounting, tax, advisory and information technology services, to successful privately owned enterprises.
We are currently seeking a Senior Staff Accountant with 3+ years’ of relevant accounting and audit experience to join our winning Client Service Team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop their technical knowledge while working alongside a number of high profile clients, while performing the following job functions:
- Plan and oversee audit and review engagements;
- Execute audit and review planning procedures, modify the audit/review approach to suit the client environment;
- Prepare financial statements and demonstrate a thorough understanding of complex accounting and auditing concepts under ASPE;
- Delegate responsibilities to junior team members, including reviewing team members’ work for accuracy and compliance;
- Obtain and document sufficient and appropriate evidence to support audit conclusions; complete audits on time and submit reports to Manager;
- Seek methods to increase compliance and efficiency.
To qualify for this challenging and rewarding position, candidates must have:
- BSc/BA in Accounting or Finance and possess a CPA, CA designation;
- 3+ years of in-depth understanding of financial auditing and control practices, working for a public accounting firm;
- Superior commitment to professional client service excellence and demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams;
- Strong organizational and leadership abilities; high attention to detail; excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Experience with Caseware and TaxPrep software applications would be an asset;
- Possession of a valid Class G driver's license in order to travel to and from client locations.
A career at S+C Partners offers the opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment with a professional service team and a progressive and growing firm.
Interested applicants may forward a copy of their resume and salary expectations to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for applying; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone or agency calls please.
S+C Partners is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Accountant/Bookkeeper Job Opportunity
Upper Canada Truck Sales, based in Innisfil, ON, specializes in late model high-end premium quality transport trucks. The company is seeking an experienced internal Accountant/Bookkeeper to join their team. The ideal candidate will have more than 5 years of proven work experience in an Accountant and/or Bookkeeper role, an advanced standing in accounting, excellent computer and administrative skills, and a strong command of the English language.
Providing financial information to management by researching, analyzing and summarizing financial data, the incumbent will:
- Maintain books of account (including journals and ledgers).
- Prepare cheques, code and post invoices; prepare deposits, journal entries, financial reports and bank reconciliations.
- Handle accounts payable, issuing cheques and payments of invoices; handle accounts receivable/ collections.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly/yearly financial statements; maintain series of standard accounting/ bookkeeping records.
- Liaise with staff and support them with accounting/bookkeeping needs related to their departments.
- Complete all payroll functions, including remittance and government reporting requirements.
- Complete yearly HST remittances and reports. Prepare all documents and forms related to regulatory requirements, ensuring accurate and timely submissions.
- Complete charitable income tax information returns.
- Oversee the internal system of handling funds and other methods of internal control.
- Prepare financial statements and assist with the year-end process, assisting with preparation for audits.
- Maintain current knowledge of regulatory changes and impacts on the organization's books of account (e.g., legal and regulatory changes through CRA or other government agencies).
- Maintain an accurate and complete trail of supporting documentation for all financial and bookkeeping activities.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Thorough knowledge of accounting/bookkeeping principles and practices.
- Effective investigation and problem solving skills.
- Numeracy and an understanding of finance and accounting concepts.
- Proactive and can work independently, escalating issues when appropriate.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office), including proficiency with accounting software and office productivity tools (QuickBooks, Simply Accounting).
- Ability to deal with individuals at all levels in a fast-paced, demanding environment, often with tight deadlines and multiple deliverables; ability to share information and keep others up-to-date.
- Professional, well organized and able to multitask.
Education and Experience:
- Community College Diploma/Certificate in Accounting/Bookkeeping.
- Minimum 5 years of related bookkeeping/accounting experience.
- Has a solid understanding of finance and accounting-related principles and concepts. Puts forward recommendations for addressing gaps or issues.
- Considers the most important information or data inputs for the work and ensures these are obtained. Checks work thoroughly.
- Understands the operations and objectives of the team or department and the products or services that it produces or provides.
- vDevelops fairly routine business correspondence such as letters and basic reports which convey clear and consistent messages.
- Understands how to access, maintain and share information to support routine decision-making. Understands and follows data security protocols.
This is a full time position based in Innisfil, ON.
Interested applicants may forward a copy of their resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for applying; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies or telephone calls please.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
| August 10th. 2017
Who can file Joint Tax Returns in the United States?
August 8th. 2017
Recent proposals to amend the Income Tax Act
July 31st. 2017