Senior Staff Accountant - Job Opportunity!
S+C Partners LLP provides first-class professional services, including accounting, tax, advisory and information technology services, to successful privately owned enterprises.
We are always open to meeting Staff Accountants with 3+ years of relevant accounting and audit experience who may be interested in joining our winning Client Service Team. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to develop their technical knowledge while working alongside a number of high profile clients, while performing the following job functions:
- Plan and oversee audit and review engagements;
- Execute audit and review planning procedures, modify the audit/review approach to suit the client environment;
- Prepare financial statements and demonstrate a thorough understanding of complex accounting and auditing concepts under ASPE;
- Delegate responsibilities to junior team members, including reviewing team members’ work for accuracy and compliance;
- Obtain and document sufficient and appropriate evidence to support audit conclusions; complete audits on time and submit reports to Manager;
- Seek methods to increase compliance and efficiency.
To qualify for this challenging and rewarding position, candidates must have:
- BSc/BA in Accounting or Finance and possess a CPA, CA designation;
- 3+ years of in-depth understanding of financial auditing and control practices, working for a public accounting firm;
- Superior commitment to professional client service excellence and demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams;
- Strong organizational and leadership abilities; high attention to detail; excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Experience with Caseware and TaxPrep software applications would be an asset;
- Possession of a valid Class G driver's license in order to travel to and from client locations.
A career at S+C Partners offers the opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment with a professional service team and a progressive and growing firm.
Interested applicants may forward a copy of their resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for applying; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone or agency calls please.
S+C Partners is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Co-Op Students Welcome!
We want to be a partner in your co-op success. Our firm provides exemplary professional services including assurance, accounting, tax, advisory and information technology services. Our firm has recruited, developed and trained a first-class service team of Chartered Professional Accountants to advise clients within the GTA.
Our team of accountants and advisors will work with you to continue your learning and development outside of the classroom. Leverage your interests within the field for personal growth and to achieve your intended learning objectives. Our students are given the opportunity to provide comprehensive client service. File consistency year over year fosters and encourages each student to learn, grow and expand their responsibilities.
- We offer students:
- A competitive wage, targeted at the top quartile of all co-op employers
- Potential full-time employment opportunities upon successful completion of post-secondary education
- Forgivable loan to help fund your last year of school when pursuing a Masters degree
- Financial support in connection with achieving CPA designation including preparatory courses and exam fees
- Financial support to pursue other professional designations and expertise including the In-Depth Tax course
- Monthly “stipend allowance” during school terms
- Participation in firm social events such as Annual Holiday Party, Annual Ski Day, BBQ’s, Axe Throwing, Zip Lining, Escape Room Adventures, and so much more!
We are proud of our team, and the collaborative approach and value we deliver to our clients. All we are missing to enhance our service deliverables is you! To be considered for your upcoming co-op placement, please submit your resume to us at email@example.com.
| February 16th. 2018
US Tax on Retained Earnings of Foreign Corporations
February 15th. 2018
2018 Federal Budget Highlights
February 13th. 2018
Empowerment through modern security