Are You an Experienced Bookkeeper?
Are you looking for a new challenge? Do you want to be a part of a unique office culture where team members are given every opportunity to apply their skills, enhance their knowledge, and tap into their passion?
S+C Partners is a mid-sized, full-service public accounting and advisory firm located in the historic village of Streetsville. We provide clients with all the technical expertise of a big CPA firm, but with the personal touch and partner-level attention of a boutique firm. We are committed to being one of the top places to work in the GTA, and were named one the 2022 Best Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance in Canada!
With a competitive salary and ongoing professional development, a career at S+C Partners offers the opportunity to work with a professional client service team in a progressive and growing firm.
We are currently seeking an experienced Bookkeeper proficient in QuickBooks Online.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Maintaining cloud-based books of account for select clients in various industries
- Preparing journal entries and bank reconciliations
- Preparing monthly/quarterly/yearly cloud-based financial statements
- Completing remittances and government reporting requirements for payroll, HST, EHT, workers compensation, etc.
- Preparing NTRs in support of client requirements
- Integrating best in class applications to assist private clients with receipt and time tracking
- Maintaining an accurate and complete trail of supporting documentation for all accounting activities using the firm’s secure FTP site
- Managing payroll functions for select clients as requested
- Managing and growing the firm’s roster of QBO clients
To succeed in this role, you will have three to five years of bookkeeping experience, demonstrate a high attention to detail, and possess excellent communication skills.
You will also have the following skills and qualifications:
- Community College Diploma/Certificate in Accounting/Bookkeeping
- QuickBooks Online certified or equivalent
- Comprehensive knowledge of accounting principles
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills
- The ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team.
- The ability to manage tight deadlines, multi-task, and adapt to evolving priorities
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Suite), high level proficiency with QuickBooks Online, Sage, Xero or Wave. Knowledge of associated apps would be an asset (i.e. Receipt Bank, WagePoint, Hubdocs, etc.)
- Certified Professional Bookkeeper (CPB) status with the Institute of Professional Bookkeepers of Canada (IPBC) would be an asset
Please note that as S+C Partners provides service to clients in and around the GTA, qualified candidates must have access to their own transportation in order to easily commute to client locations as required.
Interested applicants may forward a copy of their resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for applying, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies or telephone calls please.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).