We want to be a partner in your success.
S+C Partners is a full-service CPA and advisory firm that provides audit and accounting, tax, advisory, and information technology services to successful, privately owned enterprises across the GTA.
We are currently seeking a Cross Border Tax Technician to assist with the efficient and timely preparation of Canadian and US tax returns for both individuals and private companies. The ideal candidate will have a minimum two years of experience, demonstrate a high attention to detail, and be able to multi-task and collaborate with clients and other professionals within a team environment. This position provides an opportunity to develop your technical knowledge while performing the following functions:
- Preparing Canadian and US personal and corporate tax returns;
- Preparing various US tax forms such as Form 1099, W-2, FinCen 114, W8-Ben, and W7;
- Preparing various Canadian tax forms such as T4, T5, NR4, NR6 and HST returns;
- Researching Canadian and US tax issues and communicating findings as needed;
- Communicating with Canada Revenue Agency, Internal Revenue Service and other tax authorities as required;
- Preparing, compiling, and organizing documents for tax audits;
- Compiling and submitting information to CRA in connection with pre-assessment reviews and processing reviews;
- Performing administrative tax duties such as filing consent forms and assembling personal and corporate US tax returns.
To qualify for this position, candidates must possess:
- O.S.S.D. or equivalent;
- A recognized Accounting diploma or degree;
- A minimum two years of Canadian and US tax experience;
- Proficient computer skills (MS Office, Outlook);
- The ability to work well under pressure;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Effective and clear communication skills, both written and verbal.
Experience with CCH Tax Prep programs and CaseWare is preferred, and experience performing technical research would be considered an asset.
A progressive and growing firm; we value strong, self-managing team members who possess an entrepreneurial spirit and a commitment to best serve our clients and our community.
Interested applicants are invited to forward their resume and salary expectations to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for applying; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone or agency calls please.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).