Are you an experienced Tax Accountant? Are you interested in joining a progressive and growing team that rewards individuality, innovation and continuous improvement? Are you client-focused? Do you strive for excellence and thrive in a fast-paced environment?
If so, we want to be a partner in your success.
S+C Partners is a full-service CPA and advisory firm located in the historic village of Streetsville. We provide clients with all the technical expertise of a big CPA firm, but with the personal touch and partner-level attention of a boutique firm.
We are committed to being one of the top places to work in the GTA and we were proud to be named one the 2022 Best Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance in Canada. We recognize the importance of work-life balance and strive to create an environment that promotes individual well-being and the achievement of both personal and professional goals.
We are currently seeking a Senior Tax Accountant with 4+ years of relevant Canadian tax experience to support our client roster as a full-time member of our Client Service Tax Team.
This challenging and rewarding position will provide the opportunity to develop your technical skills and knowledge while performing the following functions:
- Obtain necessary documentation to effectively prepare and review personal, corporate and trust tax returns, identifying tax savings for clients;
- Review accuracy of tax returns, minimize tax liabilities, determine tax credits and provisions;
- Assist the team with tax planning and reorganizations, as well as mergers and acquisition transactions;
- Conduct research for complex compliance matters and offshore investments;
- Prepare and complete partnership tax returns and investment files;
- Respond to client and CRA inquires;
- Liaise with internal and external auditors;
- Delegate responsibilities to junior team members and review their work for accuracy and compliance;
- Recommend tax strategies that align with the firm’s strategic vision and goals;
- Prepare memos and correspond with clients on various matters;
- Maintain required level of technical knowledge and follow industry trends and changes related to tax;
- Seek methods to increase compliance and efficiency.
We value strong, self-managing team members with an entrepreneurial spirit and a commitment to best serve our clients and our community. To be successful in this position, you must also possess:
- BSc/BA in Accounting or Finance
- CPA designation, or have recently passed the CFE;
- Proven work experience as a Tax Accountant, Tax Analyst or Tax Preparer with a CPA firm;
- Currently enrolled, or planning to enroll, in the current year’s CPA In-depth Tax program;
- Knowledge of accounting for income tax and tax concepts;
- Demonstrated understanding of Canadian income tax concepts and the ability to effectively apply tax knowledge to client situations;
- Commitment to professional client service excellence and demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams;
- Strong research skills and a developed sense of resourcefulness;
- Strong sense of ownership and leadership abilities with a collaborative spirit;
- Strong organizational abilities with high attention to detail;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- MS Office computer literacy (Excel in particular); experience with Caseware and TaxPrep software applications would be an asset.
Interested applicants are invited to forward a copy of their resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for applying; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone or agency calls please.
S+C Partners is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).