We want to be a partner in your success.
Are you interested in joining a progressive and growing team that rewards individuality, innovation and continuous improvement? Are you client-focused? Do you strive for excellence and thrive in a fast-paced environment?
We are committed to being one of the top places to work in the GTA, and our firm’s culture has earned the respect of our clients and our competitors. We recognize the importance of work-life balance and strive to create an environment that promotes individual well-being and the achievement of both personal and professional goals.
We are currently seeking a Tax Accountant with 2+ years of relevant Canadian tax experience to support our client roster as a full-time member of our Client Service Tax Team. This challenging and rewarding position will provide the opportunity to develop your technical skills and knowledge while performing the following functions:
- Obtain necessary documentation to effectively prepare and review personal, corporate and trust tax returns, identifying tax savings for clients
- Review accuracy of tax returns, minimize tax liabilities, determine tax credits and provisions
- Assist the team with tax planning and reorganizations, as well as merger and acquisition transactions
- Conduct research for complex compliance matters and offshore investments
- Prepare and complete partnership tax returns and investment files
- Respond to client and CRA inquires
- Liaise with internal and external auditors
- Delegate responsibilities to junior team members and review their work for accuracy and compliance
- Recommend tax strategies that align with the firm’s strategic vision and goals
- Prepare memos and correspond with clients on various matters
- Maintain required level of technical knowledge and follow industry trends and changes related to tax
- Seek methods to increase compliance and efficiency
To qualify for this position, candidates must:
- Have a BSc/BA in Accounting or Finance
- Have a CPA designation or have recently passed the CFE
- Have 2+ years proven work experience as a Tax Accountant, Tax Analyst or Tax Preparer with a CPA firm
- Be currently enrolled—or planning to enroll—in the current year’s CPA In-depth Tax program
- Be knowledgeable of accounting for income tax and tax concepts
- Demonstrate an understanding of Canadian income tax concepts and be able to effectively apply tax knowledge to client situations
- Have a commitment to professional client service excellence and a demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams
- Possess strong research skills and a developed sense of resourcefulness
- Demonstrate a strong sense of ownership and leadership abilities with a collaborative spirit
- Have strong organizational abilities with a high attention to detail
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Be MS Office computer literacy (Excel in particular); experience with Caseware and TaxPrep software applications would be an asset
We value strong, self-managing team members who possess an entrepreneurial spirit and a commitment to best serve our clients and our community.
Interested applicants are invited to forward a copy of their resume and salary expectations to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for applying; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone or agency calls please.
S+C Partners is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).